resources / Statutes / Nonprofit Corporations / §10-11622
§10-11622 Annual report
Title 10 – Corporations and Associations
Chapter 39 – Records and Reports-nonprofit Corporations
Article 2 – Reports
- A. Each domestic corporation and each foreign corporation authorized to conduct affairs in this state shall deliver to the commission for filing an annual report that sets forth all of the following:
- 1. The name of the corporation and the state or country under whose law it is incorporated.
- 2. The address of its known place of business and the name and address of its agent in this state.
- 3. The address of its principal office.
- 4. The names and business addresses of its directors and principal officers.
- 5. A brief description of the nature of its activities.
- 6. Whether or not it has members.
- 7. A certificate of disclosure containing the information set forth in section 10-3202, subsection D.
- 8. A statement that all corporate income tax returns required by title 43 have been filed with the department of revenue.
- B. A unit owners’ association that is subject to title 33, chapter 9 or a planned community association that is subject to title 33, chapter 16 shall attach to and submit with the annual report a separate statement containing the name of the designated agent or management company for the association, the address for the association and the telephone number, e-mail address and website if any and fax number if any of the association or its designated agent or management company. Unit owners’ associations and planned community associations shall file an amended statement reflecting changes in designated agent or management company within thirty days of any change.
- C. The information in the annual report and the separate statement that is prescribed by subsection B of this section shall be current as of the date the annual report and separate statement are executed on behalf of the corporation.
- D. The annual report for all corporations shall be delivered to the commission for filing, and the annual fee shall be paid on or before the date assigned by the commission. The commission may stagger the annual report filing date for all corporations and adjust the annual fee on a pro rata basis. The corporation shall deliver the annual report to the commission for filing each subsequent year in the anniversary month on the date assigned by the commission. If a corporation is unable to file the annual report required by this section on or before the date prescribed by this section, the corporation may file, but only on or before this date, a written request with the commission for an extension of time, not to exceed six months, in which to file the annual report. The request for an extension of time shall be accompanied by the annual registration fee required by law. After filing the request for an extension of time and on receipt of the annual registration fee, the commission shall grant the request.
- E. If an annual report does not contain the information requested by this section, the commission shall promptly notify the reporting domestic or foreign corporation in writing and shall return the report to it for correction. If the report is corrected to contain the information required by this section and delivered to the commission within thirty days after the effective date of notice, it is deemed to be timely filed.
- F. Any corporation that is exempt from the requirement of filing an annual report shall deliver annually a certificate of disclosure that contains the information set forth in section 10-3202, subsection D and that is executed by any two executive officers or directors of the corporation on or before May 31. If the certificate is not delivered within ninety days after the due date of the annual report or within ninety days after May 31 in the case of any corporation that is exempt from the requirement of filing an annual report, the commission shall initiate administrative dissolution of that corporation or revoke the application for authority of that corporation pursuant to chapters 24 through 40 of this title.