resources / Statutes / Nonprofit Corporations / §10-2001
Title 10 – Corporations and Associations
Chapter 19 – Not for Profit Corporations and associations, Cooperatives and Fraternal and Benevolent societies
Article 1 – Cooperative Marketing associations
- In this article, unless the context otherwise requires:
- 1. "Active member" is a member growing, producing, manufacturing, marketing, distributing or selling products or services handled by the association at the time of the membership meeting, or who during the previous year, delivered products or services to the association.
- 2. "Agricultural products" includes horticultural, viticultural, forestry, dairy, livestock, poultry, bee and any farm products.
- 3. "Association" means a corporation organized under this article.
- 4. "Marketing agreement" or "marketing contract" means any agreement entered into between an association organized under this article and its members, by the terms of which a subscribing grower, producer, manufacturer, marketer, distributor or seller and all other growers, producers, manufacturers, marketers, distributors or sellers signing similar agreements, agree to sell their products or services, goods for import or export purposes to or through such association.
- 5. "Member" includes members of associations.