resources / Statutes / Nonprofit Corporations / §10-2051
Title 10 – Corporations and Associations
Chapter 19 – Not for Profit Corporations and associations, Cooperatives and Fraternal and Benevolent societies
Article 2 – Electric Cooperative Nonprofit Membership Corporations
- In this article, unless the context otherwise requires:
- 1. "Affiliate" means a person that directly or indirectly, through one or more intermediaries, controls, is controlled by or is under common control with another person.
- 2. "Broadband service" means providing access and transport to the internet, computer processing, information storage or protocol conversion at a download rate of at least twenty-five megabits per second and at an upload rate of at least three megabits per second.
- 3. "Cooperative" means a corporation that is organized under this article or that becomes subject to this article in the manner provided in this article.
- 4. "Executed by the cooperative" means executed by manual or facsimile signature on behalf of the cooperative by a duly authorized officer or, if the corporation is under the control of a receiver or trustee, by the receiver or trustee.
- 5. "Person" means a natural person, firm, association, corporation, business trust, partnership, federal agency, state or political subdivision or agency of a state or any body politic.