resources / Statutes / Nonprofit Corporations / §10-2055
Title 10 – Corporations and Associations
Chapter 19 – Not for Profit Corporations and associations, Cooperatives and Fraternal and Benevolent societies
Article 2 – Electric Cooperative Nonprofit Membership Corporations
- A. Articles of incorporation of a cooperative shall recite that they are executed pursuant to this article and shall state:
- 1. The name of the cooperative.
- 2. The address of its principal office.
- 3. The names and addresses of the incorporators.
- 4. The names and addresses of its directors.
- B. The articles may also contain provisions not inconsistent with this article which are deemed necessary or advisable for the conduct of its business.
- C. The articles shall be executed by an incorporator.
- D. It is not necessary to recite in the articles of incorporation the purpose for which the cooperative is organized or to recite any of its corporate powers.