resources / Statutes / Nonprofit Corporations / §10-3403
Title 10 – Corporations and Associations
Chapter 27 – Name-nonprofit Corporations
Article 1 – General Provisions
- A. A foreign corporation may register its corporate name, or its corporate name with any change required by section 10-11506, if the name is distinguishable from the corporate names that are not available under section 10-3401, subsection B.
- B. A foreign corporation registers its corporate name or its corporate name with any change required by section 10-11506, by delivering to the commission an application both:
- 1. Setting forth its corporate name or its corporate name with any change required by section 10-11506, the state or country and date of its incorporation and a brief description of the nature of the activities in which it is engaged.
- 2. Accompanied by a certificate of existence or a similar document from the state or country of incorporation that has been issued within sixty days of delivering the application for filing with the commission.
- C. The name is registered for the applicant’s exclusive use on the effective date of the application. The registration expires one year after the effective date of the application unless it is renewed pursuant to subsection D of this section.
- D. A foreign corporation whose registration is effective may renew it for successive years by delivering to the commission for filing a renewal application that complies with the requirements of subsection B of this section. The renewal application renews the registration for one year after the effective date of the renewal application.
- E. A foreign corporation whose registration is effective may qualify as a foreign corporation under the registered name or consent in writing to the use of that name by a corporation thereafter incorporated under chapters 24 through 42 of this title or by another foreign corporation authorized to conduct affairs in this state. The registration terminates when the domestic corporation is incorporated or the foreign corporation qualifies or consents to the qualification of another foreign corporation under the registered name.