resources / Statutes / Condominiums /§33-1212
Title 33 – Property
Chapter 9 – Condominiums
Article 2 – Creation, Alteration and Termination of Condominiums
- Except as provided by the declaration:
- 1. If walls, floors or ceilings are designated as boundaries of a unit, all lath, furring, wallboard, plasterboard, plaster, paneling, tiles, wallpaper, paint, finished flooring and any other materials constituting any part of the finished surfaces are a part of the unit, and all other portions of the walls, floors or ceilings are a part of the common elements.
- 2. If any chute, flue, duct, wire, conduit, bearing wall, bearing column or other fixture lies partially within and partially outside the designated boundaries of a unit, any portion serving only that unit is a limited common element allocated solely to that unit and any portion serving more than one unit or any portion of the common elements is a part of the common elements.
- 3. Subject to the provisions of paragraph 2, all spaces, interior partitions and other fixtures and improvements within the boundaries of a unit are a part of the unit.
- 4. Any shutters, awnings, window boxes, doorsteps, stoops, porches, balconies, entryways or patios, and all exterior doors and windows or other fixtures designed to serve a single unit, but located outside the unit’s boundaries, are limited common elements allocated exclusively to that unit.