resources / Statutes / Condominiums / §33-1219
Title 33 – Property
Chapter 9 – Condominiums
Article 2 – Creation, Alteration and Termination of Condominiums
- A. The plat is a part of the declaration. The plat must be clear and legible.
- B. The plat shall show:
- 1. The name of the condominium.
- 2. The boundaries of the condominium and a legal description of the real estate included in the condominium.
- 3. The extent of any encroachments on any portion of the condominium.
- 4. To the extent feasible, the location and dimensions of all easements serving or burdening any portion of the condominium.
- 5. The location and dimensions of the vertical boundaries of each unit, and each unit’s identifying number.
- 6. Any horizontal unit boundaries, with reference to an established datum, and each unit’s identifying number.
- 7. Any units with respect to which the declarant has reserved the right to create additional units or common elements, identified appropriately.
- 8. The location and dimensions of all real estate subject to the development right of withdrawal identified as such.
- 9. The location and dimensions of all real estate in which the unit owner will only own an estate for years labeled as a "leasehold condominium".
- 10. The distance between noncontiguous parcels of real estate comprising the condominium.
- 11. The location and dimensions of limited common elements, including porches, balconies, patios and entryways, other than the limited common elements described in section 33-1212, paragraphs 2 and 4.
- 12. Any other matters the declarant deems appropriate.
- C. Unless the declaration provides otherwise, the horizontal boundaries of a part of a unit located outside of a building have the same elevation as the horizontal boundaries of the inside part and need not be depicted on the plat.
- D. On exercising any development right, the declarant shall record a new plat conforming to the requirements of subsections A and B of this section. No new plat need be recorded if the development right exercised was clearly depicted on the original plat and a document is recorded which references the declaration and original plat and declares that the development right has been exercised.